The teenage girl perspective
As girls, we often are our own worst critics.
This pushes us to compare ourselves to others, and distorts how we view ourselves, impacting our sense of self-worth and how we want to fit in society. This leads to many issues that affect teenagers from all backgrounds, such as low-self esteem, bullying, eating disorders, stress, anxiety, and more, which are all factors that could hinder their development into healthy young women. This program is designed for teenage girls who are experiencing these issues and strives to provide them with safe spaces for them to build skills, acquire tools and discuss topics that are important to them so that they may learn to manage the hardships that they face in a healthy way.
This program is aimed at teenage girls aged 15 to 18.
By facilitating age appropriate discussions
in a safe environment that is free of judgement, I would like to inspire them to be their best self. help them feel powerful, valued, and encourage healthy thinking habits. The program's overall goal is to support young girls and equip them with strategies to help them thrive in life.
Main topics of discussion
This list is in no way exhaustive, but aims to offer a selection of topics that will be covered within the program, Participants are also encouraged to propose additional subjects to be explored.
• Positive self-talk and affirmations
• The importance of self-esteem and confidence
• Building and maintaining healthy relationships
• Peer pressure, its forms and consequences
• Bullying, its causes and effects, dealing with it
• Tools to regulate stress and anxiety
• Emotions, understanding how to benefit from them
• Making healthy choices and informed decisions
• Social life and social media
• Beauty standards, positive body image
• Awareness, mindfulness, and their applications
• Social, emotional and physical wellbeing